J-Flex – your complete source for FKM sheets including FDA Compliant Blue & Off-White FKM.
This material is manufactured in an easily identifiable blue colour which is of course synonymous with food processing industries. The blue colour, of course, makes identifying any contamination clearly identifiable, so even if a small particle gets into the food during the production process, you’ll know quickly.
▾ FDA Compliant Blue & Off-White FKM - The Benefits
The benefits of the FDA Compliant FKM include the 11 we’ve identified below, with perhaps the most important being the colour of the material.
- Blue FKM Sheet and ‘O’ Ring Cords now available in the standard food industry colour making in so much easier to identify contamination.
- Comfortably handles hot, oily and greasy food products.
- Suitable for repeated food contact.
- Non-toxic and odour free.
- Non-marking and does not taint food.
- Resistant to chlorinated hydrocarbons; fuel and acids.
- Heat Resistance to 250°C.
- Conforms to PAH/PAK requirements.
- Complies with Reach – SVHC listed ingredients.
- Popular for gaskets; seals; strips and joints for food; beverage and pharmaceutical.
As you would expect the product has been thoroughly tested by independent laboratories to all the relevant standards including:
- All of the ingredients used in this recipe are listed on the FDA White List as described in the FDA Code of Federal Regulations Title 21. Section 177. 2600.
- The finished sheet and cord materials have been independently tested by SGS International and are certified as meeting the migration values (extraction levels) as set out in FDA Regulations Title 21. Section 177.2600 “Rubber Articles Intended for repeated use”.
- The products are manufactured under Best Manufacturing Practice in accordance with EC 2023: 2006.
- These products are deemed as being compliant to European Regulations framework EC1935:2004 “materials intended to come into contact with food”.
Need more information? In the Downloads section, you’ll find our specifications and our Definitive Guide to Fluoroelastomers brochure.
FLUOR-A-COM® is a Registered Trademark of J-Flex Rubber Products.