‘Food Safe’ is a medium density closed cell Silicone Sponge, particularly suited to the food and beverage industries, where a soft compressible gasket material with excellent thermal stability is required.
Independently tested, ‘Food Safe’, complies with FDA extraction requirements for aqueous & fatty food, as required under CFR 21 177.2600. Goods intended for repeated use.
- Low compression set
- Excellent resistance to weathering
- Resistance to U.V. and ozone
- Good thermal insulator
- Closed cell
- Wide temperature range: -50°C to + 200°C
- Available in Light Blue (food industry colour) or White our ‘Food Safe’ Silicone Sponge can be supplied in flat sheet or as extruded seals – Sheets / Strips can also be adhesive backed.
- FDA extraction testing carried out by Rubber Consultants Ltd – Certificate of Analysis Ref: RC224.