J-Flex are market leaders for many reasons… One of them being innovation and the regular introduction of new and improved products. 20 years ago we introduced White FDA Compliant Viton™ FKM Sheeting.
Just as our competitors are catching up with this material, J-Flex is already leading the way yet again by moving the standard even higher. Listening carefully to our valued customers and using our product development expertise, we are delighted to introduce Blue Viton™ FKM Sheet and ‘O’ Ring Cords.
This super new material is made in easily identifiable blue colour (synonymous with food processing) so that it is clearly visible if a small particle gets into the food during the production process.
As experts in engineering rubber products, you can be sure that we have had this latest product thoroughly tested by independent laboratories to all the relevant standards. Below is a summary of the details.
1) All of the ingredients used in this recipe are listed on the FDA White List as described in the FDA Code of Federal Regulations Title 21. Section 177. 2600.
2) The finished sheet and cord materials have been independently tested by SGS International and are certified as meeting the migration values (extraction levels) as set out in FDA Regulations Title 21. Section 177.2600 “Rubber Articles Intended for repeated use”.
3) The products are manufactured under Best Manufacturing Practice in accordance with EC 2023: 2006.
4) These products are deemed as being compliant to European Regulations framework EC1935:2004 “materials intended to come into contact with food”.
Benefits to you and your customers
We’ve identified 11 key benefits with the actual colour being the most exciting.
- Blue – Viton™ FKM Sheet and ‘O’ Ring Cords now available in the standard food industry colour making in so much easier to identify contamination.
- Comfortably handles hot, oily and greasy food products.
- Suitable for repeated food contact.
- Non-toxic and odour free.
- Non-marking and does not taint food.
- Resistant to chlorinated hydrocarbons; fuel and acids.
- Heat Resistance to 250°C.
- Conforms to PAH/PAK requirements.
- Complies with Reach – SVHC listed ingredients.
- Popular for gaskets; seals; strips and joints for food; beverage and pharmaceutical.
We also have information available on our website at FDA Compliant Blue Viton™ FKM where you can also request samples and download the specification sheets.